Now, I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about Mediterranean cuisine. When presented with the choice between the Gyro Plate and Gyro Sandwich, I became quite distressed. It took me a good 20 minutes to order, but I finally decided on the Gyro Plate.
The meal was a bit of a struggle for me as I had to assemble the gyro myself. I was presented with some mystery meat, pita bread, rice, lettuce, onions, and a sauce called Tzatziki. Here is the result...
The meal was a bit of a struggle for me as I had to assemble the gyro myself. I was presented with some mystery meat, pita bread, rice, lettuce, onions, and a sauce called Tzatziki. Here is the result...



I realized only after devouring my gyro that the lettuce was actually a salad and not meant to be put in the gyro. Either way it was delicious! I've since learned that a traditional Greek gyro consists of meat that is vertically cut beef or lamb, tomato, onion, and the Tzatziki sauce.
So while my gyro was less traditional and more americanized, and the meat possibly frozen at one point, I'd still say it was pretty dang good. But don't think this is the furthest I am delving into Greek cuisine. Oh no! This weekend I will be heading to one of the most renowned Greek restaurants in all of Los Angeles... Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment