.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Introducing Greece- Where Does One Begin?

I have to be honest, I was very intimidated by this post. I was hoping to give a bit of an introduction to Greece before jumping into the thick of things, but generally introducing over 3000 years of history and culture is a daunting task to say the least. 


Perhaps I shouldn't have been so ambitious the first time around. Anyway, rather than poorly barreling through the amazing and expansive history of the Greeks, I'll let you educate yourself at this wonderfully comprehensive site. Ancient Greece is such an interesting subject, so I highly recommend you take a look at this simple and informative site when you have the chance.

In the next couple weeks we will be focusing on contemporary Greece, perhaps touching on a little bit of their history here and there. This week we will be exploring the people of Greece, the beautiful places in which they live, and the area that has me very excited- their food.

Also, here is a set of videos, first aired by the Discovery Channel, investigating the breathtaking marvels and beauty of Ancient Greece. It is a set of 5 videos, running 46 minutes, that accurately depicts the incredible history of the country. Watch and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment